By Paul J. Mills
The impetus for this distinctive factor arose from a panel presentation on spirituality, religiousness, and wellbeing and fitness on the annual assembly of the Society of Behavioral medication. jointly, the articles offer readers with an appreciation of the varied study and medical demanding situations focused on realizing the impression of religious ideals and practices on healthiness, and the artistic ways being taken to deal with them.
Read Online or Download Annals of Behavioral Medicine: Spirituality, Religiousness, and Health: From Research to Clinical (Annals of Behavioral Medicine, Vol 24, Number 1, 2002) PDF
Best pharmacology books
This ebook offers details at the use of psychotropic medicinal drugs in medical perform. The booklet covers every thing from the fundamental technological know-how of pharmacology to systematic evaluation of all presently on hand information at the use of psychotropic medicines. as a result of its insurance of simple technology and the historical past of psychotropic medicines, this booklet could be certain for academic use.
The metabolic syndrome is a standard syndrome affecting approximately 20 % of the grownup inhabitants in Europe, and possibly the superiority is of a similar importance in different industrialised international locations around the world. it's ordinarily as a result of western way of life leading to belly weight problems, but additionally a genetic predisposition performs a task.
- Phytopharmaka: Grundlagen und Praxis
- Modell's Drugs in Current Use and New Drugs, 2006: 52nd Edition (Modell's Essential Drugs in Current Use and New Drugs)
- Drugs: Policy and Politics (Introducing Social Policy)
- Molecular Bases of Anesthesia (Handbooks in Pharmacology and Toxicology)
Extra resources for Annals of Behavioral Medicine: Spirituality, Religiousness, and Health: From Research to Clinical (Annals of Behavioral Medicine, Vol 24, Number 1, 2002)
New York: Touchstone, 1996 (1937). (36) De Wit H: Contemplative Psychology. Pittsburgh, PA: Duquesne, 1991. (37) Hanh TN: A Joyful Path: Community, Transformation and Peace. Berkeley, CA: Parallax, 1994. (38) Merton T: Life & Holiness. New York: Doubleday, 1969. (39) van Kaam A: Formation of the Human Heart (Formative Spirituality Series, Vol. 3). New York: Crossroads, 1991. (40) Smith H: The World’s Religions: Our Great Wisdom Tradition (Rev. ). San Francisco: Harper, 1991. (41) van Kaam A: Fundamental Formation (Formative Spirituality Series, Vol.
33. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1). Faith gives the wisdom and grace of knowing that, however conditions and appearances may change, the trueness of life remains always unchanged. (The Teaching of Buddha) You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. (Deuteronomy 6:5) God is the source of your strength. (Psalm 68:29) The second factor, Faith in God, was composed from two a priori subscales: View of God and Somatic (how God plays a 40 Ironson et al.
35 for the Intrinsic and Extrinsic scales, respectively). The Duke Religion Index (19) is a 5-item scale designed to capture the three major dimensions of religiousness as described by Koenig and Futterman (20). 75). The COPE (21) is a series of items used to measure state or trait coping. In this study, only the subscale Turning to Religion to cope was used. 92). ,” was used to examine the validity of the Ironson–Woods SR Index. Psychosocial measures. Perceived stress was measured by the Perceived Stress Scale (22,23), which measures “the degree to which situations in one’s life are appraised as stressful” (22, p.