By Robert E. DeWreede (auth.), Put O. Ang Jr. (eds.)
Collected during this distinctive quantity are 36 invited and contributed papers first provided on the moment Asian Pacific Phycological discussion board held on the chinese language collage of Hong Kong on the flip of the century. those papers have been hence up to date to convey to fore the most recent improvement in algal examine within the Asian Pacific sector. This quantity therefore presents probably the most accomplished photos of advances in algal learn during this a part of the world.
Read or Download Asian Pacific Phycology in the 21st Century: Prospects and Challenges: Proceeding of The Second Asian Pacific Phycological Forum, held in Hong Kong, China, 21–25 June 1999 PDF
Similar asian books
Dr. Ando who has but to get over his son's dying at sea, conducts an post-mortem on an previous pal who has died lower than strange conditions. The corpse, that of cynical philosophy professor Ryuji Takayama, has whatever to inform him. And Ryuji is not the just one who chooses to make a reappearance during this tale.
Within the again alley at daybreak¶I write you identify, O democracy-Chiha Kim
Drawing examples from as early as a 1619 creation of Hamlet and as fresh as 2007 performances via Indonesia’s most renowned presidential impersonator, this booklet considers how theatre features as a uniquely potent medium for representing the contradictions of Indonesian identification within the city colonial/postcolonial metropole.
Faith and protection play a huge function in conventional societies. In South and important Asia, conventional and reasonable Islamic ideals and practices with robust indigenous and Sufi content material are diametrically against radical Wahabi and Taliban manufacturers of Islam illiberal of alternative cultures and teams.
- Expressions of Cambodia: THe Politics of Tradition, Identity and Change (Routledge Contemporary Southeast Asia)
- Tradition, Culture and Aesthetics in Contemporary Asian Cinema
- Finding wisdom in East Asian classics
- Varieties and Alternatives of Catching-up: Asian Development in the Context of the 21st Century
- Configurations of the Real in Chinese Literary and Aesthetic Modernity (Ideas, History, and Modern China)
Extra info for Asian Pacific Phycology in the 21st Century: Prospects and Challenges: Proceeding of The Second Asian Pacific Phycological Forum, held in Hong Kong, China, 21–25 June 1999
J. Phycol. 32: 433--444. , L. 1. An, J. Yang, Q. Su, H. W. Wang & X. H. Kang, 2000. RAPD analysis of Grateloupia filieina and Sinoyubimorpha parraeea. Oceanol. Lirnnol. Sin. 31: 506-510 (in Chinese with English abstract). Wang, S. , H. Li, Y. Li, 1994. Transient expression of GUS gene in Porphyra haitanensis by electroporation transformation. J. Shanghai Fisheries Univ. 3: 145-150 (in Chinese with English abstract). Wang, X. , S. Qin, X. P. Li, P. Jiang, C. K. Tseng & M. Qin, 1998a. Effects of ultrasonic treatment on female gametophytes ofLaminariajaponiea (Phaeophyta).
Cotton, A. , 1915. Some Chinese marine algae. Kew Bull. Misc. Inform. 3: 107-113. Cowdry, N. , 1922. Algae in plants of Peitaiho. Journ. N. China Branch, Roy. Asia Soc. 53: 180-181. , 1875. Algues marines recoltees on Chine pendant I'expedition-francaise de 1860-1862. Actes de la Soc. Linn. De Bordeaux 30: 41-56. Fang, T. C. & B. Y. Jiang, 1962. Heredity of the natural popUlation of Laminaria japonica and its utilization in the future. 1. Shandong Coil. Oceano!. 1: 1-5 (in Chinese). Fang, T. C, Y.
1. ): 14-23 (in Chinese). Hu, Z. L. & Y. D. Liu, 1997c. The comparative studies on the metabolic characteristics between Anabaena oryza HB23 and its monoclonal strains retrieved from space-flight and reflight. Chin. 1. ): 56-61 (in Chinese). Hu, Z. L. & Y. D. Liu, 1997d. The possible mechanism for responses of algal cell Dunaliella salina to simulated microgravity. Chin. 1. ): 117-124. (in Chinese). Hu, Z. , Y. D. Liu & L. R. Song, 1997. Effect of space-flight on survivorship and adoption of microalgae.