By Margaret Semrud-Clikeman, Phyllis Anne Teeter Ellison
Child Neuropsychology courses therapists and neurologists towards universal pursuits: early, actual prognosis and finely centred interventions throughout disciplines. through interpreting the impacts of mind improvement on childrens and teenagers’ behavioral, cognitive, studying, and psychosocial skills and deficits, this groundbreaking quantity brings very important views to evaluate and therapy. top specialists Ellison and Semrud-Clikeman begin with the fundamentals of kid medical neuropsychology and useful neuroanatomy, taking readers via exam protocols and evaluate tools to therapy making plans and methods.
In this quantity, the authors handle the complete variety of neurodevelopmental pathologies, from studying disabilities to autism, ADHD to CNS issues, worrying mind damage to fetal alcohol syndrome. baby Neuropsychology demonstrates an built-in transactional version of rehabilitation and intervention ideas, displaying how households and faculty group of workers can collaborate with psychological well-being and doctors for powerful remedy with lasting effects. within this quantity, readers will discover:
- Comprehensive overviews of the results of biogenic and environmental elements on mind development.
- An in-depth consultant to evaluation batteries and diagnostic procedures.
- An integrative framework modeling particular collaborative intervention.
- Discussions of powerful scientific, behavioral, and social/educational treatments.
- Richly designated case experiences making use of the authors’ ways to baby and teen-aged consumers with dyslexia, recognition deficit affliction, TBI, and seizure disorders.
- Valuable tables, charts, and reference lists.
For scientific baby practitioners in addition to for complicated scholars, baby Neuropsychology includes the basic instruments had to meet the advanced demanding situations of diagnosing and treating brain-based illnesses.