By Julie Holland
• The world's top specialists on Ecstasy verify its healing capability, social implications, and the hazards of unsupervised use. • contains chapters by way of Andrew Weil, Ralph Metzner, Douglas Rushkoff, Rabbi Zalman Schachter, Rick Doblin, and others. • an excellent advisor for fogeys and educators looking a reputable resource of knowledge. Use of the drug Ecstasy, as soon as restrained to the teenager rave scene and faculty campuses, is exploding throughout the USA, from excessive colleges to upscale golf equipment. defined via clients because the so much excessive euphoria they comprehend and by means of detractors as a explanation for mind harm or even demise, Ecstasy has generated extraordinary degrees of interest-and incorrect information. Written via the world's top specialists on MDMA, Ecstasy: the full consultant takes the 1st independent examine the hazards and the advantages of this designated drug, together with the technological know-how of ways it really works; its promise as a therapy for melancholy, post-traumatic tension ailment, continual discomfort, and different health problems; and the way to lessen the danger of illicit use. even if you're a raver, a involved father or mother, or a qualified in need of the latest reviews on MDMA examine, Ecstasy: the whole consultant presents the solutions you would like.
Read Online or Download Ecstasy : The Complete Guide : A Comprehensive Look at the Risks and Benefits of MDMA PDF
Best pharmacology books
This booklet offers info at the use of psychotropic medicines in scientific perform. The publication covers every little thing from the elemental technological know-how of pharmacology to systematic assessment of all at the moment on hand information at the use of psychotropic medications. as a result of its insurance of simple technology and the heritage of psychotropic medications, this booklet might be designated for tutorial use.
The metabolic syndrome is a typical syndrome affecting approximately 20 % of the grownup inhabitants in Europe, and doubtless the superiority is of a similar significance in different industrialised nations all over the world. it's frequently attributable to western way of life leading to stomach weight problems, but additionally a genetic predisposition performs a job.
- Stem Cell-Derived Models in Toxicology
- Clinician's Pocket Drug Reference
- Antibiotics: Targets, Mechanisms and Resistance
- Innovative Approaches in Drug Discovery. Ethnopharmacology, Systems Biology and Holistic Targeting
Additional resources for Ecstasy : The Complete Guide : A Comprehensive Look at the Risks and Benefits of MDMA
The most common acute effects were altered time perception (90 percent), enhanced ability to interact with or be open with others (85 percent), decreased defensiveness (80 percent), decreased fear (65 percent), and changes in visual perception (55 percent). Half of these subjects reported heightened awareness of emotions and less aggression. The most common adverse effects (not necessarily experienced as adverse by the subjects) were diminished desire to perform mental or physical tasks (70 percent), decreased appetite (65 percent), jaw tension (50 percent), diminished libido (45 percent), higher levels of restlessness/agitation (35 percent), teeth grinding (30 percent), and increased anxiety (25 percent).
One may rotate the original molecule around an imaginary axis (shown as the vertical dotted line) to obtain the molecule on the lower left. A comparison of the upper mirror image with the rotated original molecule below it shows that the two molecules are not identical in their three-dimensional structure. PDF compression, OCR, web-optimization with CVISION's PdfCompressor 46 Let X=MDtIA result, one must look at the figure while crossing your eyes. When your eyes are crossed, you will see more than two images.
New serotonin can be synthesized, and Within twenty-four hours, 5-MT levels return to normal (Schmidt 1987). Longer-lasting depletions of 5HT have been seen only when high doses of MDMA are given repeatedly for long periods of time. "]. Scientists have created a mouse that does not have the 5-HT transporter in its brain—this is known as a "transgenic mouse" or "knockout mouse," because the genes that are responsible for the transporter have been knocked out of the genetic makeup of the mouse. This mouse is useful scientifically to test how the absence of a transporter affects a living biological system, especially when it is challenged with drugs.